Horizontal Ribbon Blenders are designed to mix and blend a variety of food products including process cheese blends and meat slurries. Available in 5 to 300 cubic foot, the blender is built to provide long lasting and efficient operation for your production needs.
Cleaning and maintenance are significantly reduced with our optional CIP seal design; eliminating the time consuming ritual of seal disassembly during the cleaning cycle. For any application, has the equipment and experience to help make your process lines faster, more efficient, and reduce overall maintenance costs.
- Single piece body design; the side walls will be stainless steel formed to the radius of the dual ribbons. End plates can be ½″ to ¾″ in thickness. cover will be 7 gauge stainless steel construction and will be continuously welded to the blender body.
- 18″ diameter manways mounted on cover for ease of cleaning. Other types of manways with features such as safety switches and safety grate are available.
- Clamp style vents.
- Ribbon screws will be ½″ to ¾″ in thickness with solid round bar spokes mounted every 120 degrees to a schedule 160 IPS stainless steel pipe by coning and welding all around. Shaft extensions are press fit, plug and circumference welded to each end. A cross throw plate is mounted to each end to move product from one ribbon to the other. Ribbons are set in the body with a ¼″ (+ or – 3/16″) bottom clearance and ¼″ side wall clearance.
- Two oval shaped discharge openings are cut in the end plate. Doors with door gasket are formed to 3A standards and are matched to the openings and operated by pneumatic cylinders. The cylinders are mounted with bracket to the side wall of the blender to keep the cylinders and shafts out of the product contact area. An overcenter locking design is available as an option.
- Standard seals will be silicon split lip seals. Optional CIP seals are available. The CIP seal utilizes rotating components from John Crane® Type 37FS seal. Rotating seal consists of two piece stainless steel housing to clamp to the ribbon shaft, a split elastomer to form seal from shaft to rotating seal ring, and a one piece carbon rotating seal ring. Stationary components are supplied by and consists of a tubular housing welded to the blender body with a sanitary CIP inlet port. A CIP routing sleeve slips over the ribbon shaft and into the housing; a static quad-ring housing and a compression elastomer is utilized to force the sleeve against the rotating carbon. The CIP routing sleeve has a dispersion chamber to accept CIP solution form the inlet port and drilled passages to direct it to a rotational seal point and back between sleeve and shaft and into the blender interior.
- Each ribbon shaft will have an individual speed reducer with a severe duty high efficiency motor. The speed reducer can be direct mounted or coupled with chains and sprockets to the blender shaft. Shafts are supported with nickel plated type-E pillow block bearings.
- Spray balls and connections are supplied on a common header.
- The frame and stand will be constructed of either four inch or six inch 304 stainless steel schedule 80 legs with ½″ floor plate pads. The legs are supported with 304 stainless steel square tube frame bracing.
- All interior and product contact surfaces will be 150 to 180 grit #4 finish with a 3A approved radius corners. The exterior non product contact surfaces will be bead blasted to a satin finish. Product contact surfaces will be 304 stainless steel as a standard with 316L stainless steel optional.
- Blenders can be custom designed to your specifications.